Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bug Bite + Bootie = Trip to ER

Last Wed. I bought Peyton a bug box. He has started bringing in lady bugs and worms so I thought a bug box would be fun for him, and I wouldn't have worms and bugs in strage places in the house. So, before Church Wed. mamaw and poppie came over and they helped Peyton fill his bug box. I have no idea what kind of bugs they were but they were black and had orange stripes on them. They were little so no harm in that right? WRONG!!!

At bedtime Peyton insisted on bringing the bug box to bed. I lay with Peyton at night to help him get to sleep so I just thought I would move the bug box after he went to sleep. Well I ended up going to sleep and waking up in the morning to find that some bugs had escaped from the box and I have a bite on my left buttock of all places. As the day went on it started getting really sore and to have a bite in that particular place makes it hard to sit so I thought that I was irritating it. Friday comes and by Friday night it is really sore! Stephen mashed it and put medicine on it and a lovely pink band aid with giraffes on it.

Today OMG! I couldn't sit or stand without it hurting so bad! It was throbbing and grown to the size of a golfball. It was hot and hard and I was hurting but I did not want to go bare my bootie to Dr. Garcia, how embarrasing! I know I have given birth but I don't see those people everyday, here in Iraan you are bound to see them in town. So tonight it got so bad that I sucked it up and a friend took me to the ER. The bite was a spider bite approx. 6 cm in diameter. Dr. Garcia lanced it and packed it and gave me some antibiotics and pain pills. I also got a tetnus shot. I guess I am glad that I went it. It feels much better now but that's because the pain pills have kicked in. After the numbing stuff wore off it was throbbing! So, it wasnt the little black bugs from the bug box afterall!

I need to sign off now. Darvocet kicking in and there is no telling what I will start typing.

Good Nite!!!

1 comment:

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Sounds like something crazy that would happen to me!!! I'm so sorry-I hope it heals quickly. Someday it will be funny to you-but I'm sure not today. Enjoy the painkillers, haha!