Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sensory Integrated Disorder and Auditory Processing Defecit

This is what we found out after taking Peyton to his Speech and hearing evaluation last Friday. This makes so much sense to me after talking to the therapist and explains a lot of his behavior. He was awesome during his eval! The Therapist worked with him and asked him a lot of questions. Questions that would be asked in a school setting and she said he is VERY SMART and he is learning right now on a 4.5 year old level. Once she started going past the 4.5 year old level he started struggling. She said that he is ver bright and the fact that he knows what he does at this level and he isn't even 4 yet. Peyton will have to have Speech and OT for some time. We will go to West Texas Rehab once a week and also have to do things at home to help him.

After we got home and I researched more on it I just broke down. It broke my heart that I have been so frustrated with this child and my patience was wore thin on many many occasions. I am just glad to know that there is help for this and that he will be getting the help he needs and with our family and help from the Therapists he will be able to cope with everyday situations just like everybody else. I wonder how he feels and what goes on his little head. I love that boy more than anything! Right along with his sister! So, whatever we have to do do we will do. It's probably going to be a long road ahead of us but we can do it and it will be worth it. I will be keeping everyone up to date on Peyton's progress here on this blog.
Below is a link that you can check that explains what we are dealing with.


http://www.kid-power.org/sid.html

No comments: